Afficher un message
Re : WSBK : Biaggi chez Suzuki Alstare
Vieux
  (#13)
theophil
Podium en GP

Déconnecté
Par défaut Re : WSBK : Biaggi chez Suzuki Alstare - 12/09/2006, 11h00

WORLD SUPERBIKES NewsMonday, 11th September 2006Corser still to sign, Biaggi 'possible'.

Reigning Corona Extra Superbike World Champion, Troy Corser, is yet to re-sign with Alstare Suzuki - but isn't too worried by the rumours that former MotoGP star Max Biaggi has already got one of the team's seats.

"I don't know where I'll be (in 2007)," Corser told Crash.net Radio at Lausitz. "At the moment I haven't got a contract signed for next year. Of course I'm in discussion with Alstare Suzuki but I believe Francis (Batta - team manager) has to go to Japan to finalise the budget and the support from Suzuki."

Biaggi, a four-times 250cc world champion and 13 times 500cc/MotoGP race winner, came close to riding a third Alstare machine for the 2006 WSBK season - but the last-minute negotiations broke down when the Roman realised his machine would not be of the same specification as those of Corser and Kagayama.

Alstare, Suzuki, Corona and even championship organiser's FG Sport - keen to place a big name like Biaggi in the WSBK paddock - have now had plenty of time to reach a deal with the 35-year-old Italian for 2007, which some are saying has already been done.

Whist believing that Biaggi will indeed be in WSBK next season - the out-of-work Roman's only other known 2007 option is a d'Antin Ducati MotoGP seat - Corser is less sure that Biaggi will be on a Suzuki, with at least one factory seat still free at Ducati, Honda and Yamaha.

"I've also heard the rumour about Biaggi (joining Alstare). We'll see. I think he'll be in the (WSBK) paddock for sure - on what bike I'm not sure - possibly a Suzuki, we'll wait and see," said Corser. "I'd really like to stay here with the team. My results haven't been so good in the last few races, but if we can get a few food results before the end of the season then hopefully they'll offer me a new contract to stay. That's the plan."

Corser helped his chances of a new contract by claiming his first podium in 11 races in the first outing at Lausitz... but then saw his race two hopes end early after a jump start penalty.

The double WSBK champion, who won two races early in the 2006 season, is now fourth in the points - three places and 34 points ahead of current team-mate and Suzuki factory favourite Yukio Kagayama - although the Japanese has taken three races wins from the last four rounds.

Should the Alstare/Suzuki/Corona budget and technical support allow it, Biaggi, Corser and Kagayama could all conceivably ride for the team next season.

Réponse avec citation