Précédent   Forum GPmoto > Superbike, Supersport, ... > Discussions, réactions - SBK

Réponse

Outils de la discussion Rechercher Modes d'affichage
SBK : essai yamaha France a Valence
Vieux
  (#1)
theophil
Podium en GP

Déconnecté
Par défaut SBK : essai yamaha France a Valence - 16/12/2005, 12h52

Gimbert est tres proche des chronos de Abe. Nakatomi blessé.

Shinichi Nakatomi's first ride for the Yamaha Motor France team, with whom he will compete in the 2006 World Superbike Championship, ended on a low note after the Japanese rider ended Thursday in hospital with a hand injury.

The 27-year-old joined team-mates Norick Abe and Sebastien Gimbert at a two-day test at the Valencia circuit in Spain, impressing on what was his first ride on any circuit outside his native Japan, despite ending the final day in the medical centre after falling during his last session.

Like many riders at Valencia, Nakatomi lost the front after pushing too hard on a cold tyre. He has been taken to hospital and is undergoing further examination.

"I had been enjoying my first experience in Valencia until the crash," said Shinichi. "I was making good progress to learn the bike and tyres and I was happy with my lap times. Now I must wait for a full diagnosis from the doctor and hope that the injury is not too serious."

Countryman Abe ended the test as the fastest rider, setting a best lap of 1min 36.8secs, with Gimbert recording a 1min 37.0secs and Nakatomi 1:38.2. Also in the Yamaha Motor France garage was David Checa, who was running a YZF-R6 fitted with prototype YEC racing parts.

The team worked on development of Yamaha's YEC kit parts and tested numerous parts, including new suspension and swingarms, with Abe and Nakatomi running new Soqi suspension and Gimbert concentrating on engine development. The team will use the data gained from the test to build its 2006-specification machines over the winter.

"We tried three different types of front suspension and one new rear," revealed former MotoGP rider Abe. "On one of the front forks I was able to do a 1min 36.8secs, which is probably my best ever testing lap around here! I was quite happy with this fork and I would like to carry out further tests when we go to Phillip Island next month so that we can decide which brand to use on the race bike."

"Quite a good test," summed up Gimbert. "I concentrated on evaluating the engine parts and I think we have found some good improvements from the bike I rode last year. I'm feeling fit and I'm happy with my times, especially considering the cold weather makes grip levels low at these tests."

Réponse avec citation
Réponse

Précédent   Forum GPmoto > Superbike, Supersport, ... > Discussions, réactions - SBK

Règles de messages