Vieux
  (#1)
theophil
Podium en GP

Déconnecté
Par défaut Temps des essais de lundi 1er Mai - 02/05/2006, 07h50

MOTOGP News Monday, 1st May 2006

Istanbul MotoGP test times - Monday.

Following Sunday's Turkish Grand Prix, round three of the 2006 MotoGP World Championship, all the Michelin riders - with the exception of Toni Elias - stayed on for a day of testing.

Elias, who set the fastest lap of the race on Sunday, had little to test on his Fortuna Honda and so decided to sit the day out.

Round four of the 2006 MotoGP season, the Chinese Grand Prix at Shanghai, will take place on May 14.

1. Casey Stoner AUS Honda LCR 1min 52.420 secs
2. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team 1min 52.900 secs
3. Marco Melandri ITA Fortuna Honda 1min 53.000 secs
4. Makoto Tamada JPN Konica Minolta Honda 1min 53.220 secs
5. Colin Edwards USA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 53.310 secs
6. Kenny Roberts USA Team Roberts 1min 53.600 secs
7. Valentino Rossi ITA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 53.610 secs
8. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 1min 56.360 secs

2006 Turkish Grand Prix:
Pole position: Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2min 4.617secs (wet)

Fastest race laps (by manufacturer):
Honda: Toni Elias SPA Fortuna Honda 1min 52.877secs
Yamaha: Valentino Rossi ITA Camel Yamaha 1min 53.238secs
Ducati: Sete Gibernau SPA Ducati Marlboro 1min 53.909secs
Suzuki: John Hopkins USA Team Suzuki MotoGP 1min 53.978secs
Kawasaki: Shinya Nakano JPN Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 54.523secs
KR211V Kenny Roberts USA Team Roberts 1min 55.476secs

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Ist...~id~129362.htm

Réponse avec citation
Vieux
  (#2)
theophil
Podium en GP

Déconnecté
Par défaut 02/05/2006, 08h13

Stoner Fastest During Post-race MotoGP Testing In Turkey
May 01, 2006

From a press release issued by Honda Racing Information:

MotoGP test Istanbul Park, Turkey.
May 1, 2006.

Honda riders work hard on May Day

Following a sensational 22-lap Grand Prix of Turkey at the 5.340-km Istanbul Park circuit on Sunday many of the competing MotoGP stars stayed on for a day of tyre testing with French tyre supplier Michelin.

The three Honda riders who dominated Sundays MotoGP podium, Marco Melandri, Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden took the opportunity to test new Michelin race tyres and try several alternative chassis and suspension settings on their 990cc five-cylinder 250PS plus grand prix machines.

American Nicky Hayden, ‘Repsol Honda, whose third place finish in the race took him to the championship lead, was particularly busy man. Hayden, 24 from Owensboro Kentucky put in 86-laps while testing several chassis –and suspension combinations before moving on to evaluating new Michelin front tyres. The former AMA Superbike Champion was pleased with his day’s work having improved the performance of the latest development of the Repsol Honda factory machine.

Hayden’s Repsol Honda team mate, Dani Pedrosa, who crashed on the final lap of Sundays race when the front end folded in on him while holding third place, did some useful work despite the low 21 degrees track temperature. Pedrosa, the reigning double 250cc World Champion, is in his debut MotoGP season and is chasing a better feeling with his RCV late in the race. The young Spaniard was bitterly disappointed with the crash when under no pressure and vowed to learn from the mistake.

Marco Melandri (Fortuna Honda), who won Sunday’s Grand Prix of Turkey for the second consecutive season, put in a personally satisfying 81-lap stint while testing tyres for Michelin. Melandri grows in confidence each time he takes the 2006 RC211V out on track and today as no different. The young Italian and Michelin worked hard to improve the front tyre and ended the day in buoyant mood having found a front tyre better suited to his riding style.

Melandri’s Fortuna Honda teammate, Toni Elias did not test RC21V today. The young Spaniard, who set the fastest lap of the race on Sunday on the penultimate lap of the 22-lap thriller, had little to test and decided to sit out the cold damp day

Australian Casey Stoner, who almost held off last corner challenge of the more experienced Marco Melandri, was the fastest RC211V rider out on track today. Running Michelin race tyres Stoner put in lap at 1m 52.42s.42s, 1.8s faster than his best time in the race – and did it on a front tyre that had already run 19-laps!

Japanese star Makoto Tamada (Konica Minolta Honda) is beginning to shake off the front-end blues that have been holding him back since the start of the season. Tamada worked hard on developing his feeling for the RC211V with a new Michelin front tyre and ended the test with a very positive frame of mind. He performed better in Sunday’s race than his 10th place suggests and with renewed motivation he hopes to carry his current momentum into the Chinese GP in two weeks time.

The Team Roberts KR211V struggled to find corner entry speed during qualifying and practice for the grand prix, which denied them the corner speed they need to have to be competitive.

The combination of a lack of quality track time and having only one rider has hampered progress but today team rider Kenny Roberts Jnr put in a good performance on the Team Roberts chassis equipped with a Honda RC211V engine. Running race tyres Californian Roberts Jnr ran a 1m 53.6s lap, almost two seconds faster than the best lap time he set in Sunday’s grand prix.

Honda rider lap times and quotes.

Nicky Hayden, Repsol Honda: 1m 52.90s – 86 laps.
“We put in a nice day’s work and definitely sorted out a few little issues we had yesterday that we didn’t get time to test with the washout on Saturday. There were some suspension combinations and different springs that we wanted to test – nothing major – and few new Michelin tyres too. We found some settings we liked and few things that didn’t work, so it was definitely worth it and I appreciate all the boys from Repsol Honda and Michelin sticking around and working hard today.”

Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda: 1m 56.36s – 48 laps.
“Today we worked on some ideas we had over the weekend that are a little bit dangerous to test on a race weekend – things that could help to improve our feelings during the race. We also tested three new front Michelin tyres because yesterday I had some problems with the front! The weather conditions weren’t ideal today it just didn’t warm up so it was difficult to get temperature in the tyres. Nevertheless, the really good thing was to feel the way the tyres were working and get some good information for Michelin to analyse. I still feel disappointed about yesterday because I crashed on the last lap with nobody pushing me, and I could have had another podium in my debut season. But it happened and I can learn from this.”

Marco Melandri, Fortuna Honda: 1m 53.s – 81 laps.
“To be honest I was very tired when I arrived at the track this morning but it turned out to be a very good day for us. We worked hard with Michelin testing both front and rear tyres and the results were positive, especially with the front tyre. When you brake as had as we do now, and so many times each lap like the race here yesterday the tyre temperature builds up and the characteristic of the tyre changes late in the race. But today we found a tyre that keeps its performance level in the closing laps. Basically we are looking to find a tyre with the same grip level in a stronger construction and so far things have gone well because the tyre also suits my riding style. I am very happy with what we achieved today.”

Toni Elias, Fortuna Honda: Toni did not test today.

Casey Stoner, LCR Honda: 1m 52.42s – 55 laps.
“We spent the day bringing my second bike up to as close in performance to that of my race bike and then went on to tyre testing with Michelin. I just needed to try stuff we just don’t have time to try in GP practice. The team tried some new things on settings, swapped a few things from one bike to the other and it worked fine. When we got it where we wanted it I ran my fastest lap on race tyres and set the time with 19-laps on the front tyre so I have to be pleased with that. When I consider my lack of experience on a MotoGP bike I have to be happy.”

Makoto Tamada, Konica Minolta Honda: 1m 53.22s – 82 laps.
“Today was dedicated to tyre testing and the results were not so bad, rather good for me. Working with Michelin we found a good development direction for me and I ran 10-laps at around 1m 53.5s, my fastest was 1m 53.22s. Michelin have some good solutions for the future and I am happy with what we did today.”

Kenny Roberts Jnr, KR Honda: 1m 53.6s – 75 laps.
“I think we are about a second off the pace right now and can improve on that but we just don’t have the time we need. We have been unlucky with the weather loosing one day at two of the races due to rain. That and trying to develop a bike at flyaway races have made it pretty much impossible to take a big step forward. On the positive side we ran 1m 53.7s lap times with the alternative settings we didn’t have time to try here in practice. That’s a big improvement on yesterday. We will have our new chassis for Le Mans and hope that I can be at least about half a second faster than we are now. I don’t have a team-mate so that holds us back a little.”

More, from a press release issued by Camel Yamaha:

ENCOURAGING DAY’S WORK FOR CAMEL YAMAHA TEAM IN ISTANBUL

Following yesterday’s Turkish Grand Prix, the Camel Yamaha Team stayed on to test in Istanbul today, making the most of a dry day after a rain-interrupted weekend as they searched for improvements to the 2006-spec YZR-M1. Valentino Rossi and Colin Edwards, who finished fourth and ninth respectively in yesterday’s MotoGP race, had continued to experience problems throughout the weekend and were unable to find a perfect race set-up. Today’s test was therefore aimed at finding a better base setting and gathering yet more data in order to provide the Yamaha engineers with more information to work with ahead of the next race in China.

It was a fruitful day’s work and the Team was able to make up for the time lost to the rain on Saturday, with both riders finding a marked improvement to their settings and posting some good lap times. Edwards completed 60 laps with a best time of 1’53.31, whilst Rossi’s fastest time of the day was 1’53.61 after 72 laps.

The MotoGP paddock will reconvene in just over a week’s time for the fourth race of the season in Shanghai, China, where Valentino Rossi took victory in the rain last year.

DAVIDE BRIVIO – CAMEL YAMAHA TEAM DIRECTOR
“Once again we decided to take the chance to stay on and test after the race, as we saw this weekend that we still have work to do. Today was a very important test for us as we continued from what we did during the weekend and tried a few more ideas in order to try to improve, and hopefully to fix, the problems that we’ve been having this season. We made some good progress with both riders and found a better setting for the bike and this was reflected in the lap times, which were better than those that Colin and Valentino set on Friday, when it was dry. Our work this weekend was interrupted by the rain on Saturday and we weren’t able to find a good setting in time for the race, but today we achieved that so hopefully that will help us in China. All this information will help the Yamaha engineers in their work over the next week, and now we look forward to a better situation for both our riders in China.”

Camel Yamaha Team Times:

1. COLIN EDWARDS, 1’53.31 (60 Laps

2. VALENTINO ROSSI, 1’53.61 (72 Laps)

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=25651

Réponse avec citation
Vieux
  (#3)
darkkakashi
Premier wheeling

Déconnecté
Par défaut 02/05/2006, 10h55

enorme le chrono de stoner qui le fait avec un pneu avant qui a vecu 19 tours......très franchement ca me fait mal au coeur pour Rossi...après toutes ces journées de test (pré-saison + celle d après GP qui sont devenus monnaie courrante) on dirai qu ils ne font que de très petits progrès...j ai meme lu dans la presse espagnole qu ils vont maintenant tenté de mettre le chassis 2005 ds la moto 2006....enfin bref bcp de travail pr pas grand chose...qui plus est le pneu avant michelin 06 semble plus efficace et Rossi n a meme pas eu encore le temps de l evaluer a cause de ses autres soucis, il roule donc en pneu 05...il est desormais clairement en retard dans son developpement 2006...ca me fait peur tout ca...yamaha@sux...sérieux faire un chassis aussi foireux fallait le faire pour une usine de se niveau (bien qu on nous ait deja longuement expliké que le chatterinf est un phénomene difficile a cernée) ils auraient pu s en rendre compte pdt la création de celui-ci....

Réponse avec citation
Vieux
  (#4)
FracK
Administrateur
World Champion!!

Déconnecté
Par défaut 02/05/2006, 11h28

Impressionné par Stoner... Ce jeune promet !!
Il a l'air si à l'aise en plus sur sa moto... un peu d'expérience, la confiance d'un constructeur, et HOP un titre en poche.

C'était l'avenir de Stoner en 2 lignes par FracK.

Quant à Rossi, c'est pas évident son histoire.. mais c'est à mon avis pas aussi simple que ça...

« There are other international championships, 125, 250, Superbike, Supersports, but if you want to be THE world champion,
this is the one you have to win : 500cc MotoGP,
the fastest man, on the fastest bikes in the world ! »

Envoyer un message via MSN à FracK  
Réponse avec citation
Vieux
  (#5)
jojobiaggi
World Champion!!

Déconnecté
Par défaut 02/05/2006, 12h49

Stoner confirme !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rossi ausssiiiiiiii
  Envoyer un message via MSN à jojobiaggi  
Réponse avec citation
Vieux
  (#6)
saarinen
Permis acquis

Déconnecté
Par défaut 02/05/2006, 13h04

Oui, Frack, tout n'est pas simple pour Rossi en ce début de saison.
J'ai remarqué depuis plusieurs années que Honda et Yamaha avaient des méthodes complètement différentes pour développer leur nouveau modèle:
Honda teste pendant l'intersaison les pièces du nouveau modèle sur un modèle de l'année en cours pour en évaluer les avantages. Chaque nouvelle pièce est ainsi testée, puis toutes celles qui ont été validées en essai sont montées sur une même machine pour en faire le nouveau modèle. C'est ainsi que la RCV a évolué depuis ses débuts.
Chez Yamaha, on procède differement. Le nouveau modèle est conçu comme un tout à partir des observations faites la saison précédente.
La M1 2005 n'a pas de pièces communes, ou très peu avec la 2004. La 2006, même si elle ne parait être qu'une évolution de la 2005, n'a ni le même chassis, ni le même moteur, ni la même fourche et la même suspension arrière.
Ces méthodes de développement complètement opposées font que l'intersaison est extrèmement compliquée chez Honda. Le pilote essayeur doit tester une quantité de pièces, puis des assemblages de pièces, ce qui constitue une tache écrasante.
Chez Yamaha, les choses sont plus simples à ce niveau, puisque la marque aux diapasons présente son nouveau modèle très tôt dans l'intersaison pour un premier test. Rossi donne son avis et des corrections sont faites pendant la trève hivernale.
Quand les essais reprennent, la moto est à peu près finalisée et il ne reste plus qu'à définir une base de réglages qui fonctionne sur les quelques circuits d'essai (Philip Island, Losail, en Catalogne et à Jerez).

Cet hiver, une base de réglage très efficace a été déterminée sur la Yamaha. Il restait à affiner, à adapter la moto aux nouveaux Michelin quand soudain est apparu ce fameux problème des vibrations qui enlevaient tout feeling au pilote.
A partir de ce moment, tout a été mis en oeuvre pour résoudre ce problème. Une foule de modifications ont été apportées à la M1, l'éloignant de plus en plus des réglages de base qui avaient été définis.
Aucune évolution autre que les aménagements destinés à faire disparaitre le chattering n'a été testée, et la moto se trouve aujourd'hui dans un niveau d'évolution inférieur à ce qu'il était au début des essais hivernaux.
Le chassis rigidifié a probablement fait disparaitre le chattering, mais ne va t-il pas redevenir très nerveux et difficile à régler comme en 2005?
On peut objecter qu'après tout, ce chassis très nerveux avait permis à Valentino d'être facilement champion du monde, mais le niveau technique a considérablement progressé depuis (voir les RCV), et la solution ne passe certainement pas par un chassis 2005 avec un moteur 2006.
Le premier problème de Yamaha aujourd'hui est de retrouver une base de réglages efficace... sans faire réapparaitre le chattering.
Le deuxième problème est de reprendre le développement en vue de la performance avec de nouvelles pièces.
Mais le service course de Yamaha n'est pas le HRC, et il reste très peu de temps pour améliorer cette M1 car le service course doit avancer la 800cc. Je ne pense pas que Yamaha soit capable d'avancer parallèlement le développement de la 2006 et de la 2007.
Tout cela fait que la situation de Yamaha et de Rossi est vraiment difficile.
En tous cas, Valentino a d'autres choses en tête que la F1 en ce moment, car il aimerait bien, à coup sûr, aller se bagarrer avec les Pedrosa, Stoner, Melandri et Hayden plutôt que de passer son temps à remonter du fond de la grille.
Ce sera difficile, mais je ne doute pas une seconde qu'il y arrive.
Il va y avoir du sport!
Salut à tous.

Réponse avec citation
Vieux
  (#7)
FuryShoei
World Champion!!

Déconnecté
Par défaut 02/05/2006, 19h52

Donc si je comprends bien, saarinen, ça voudrait dire que Yam se retrouve un peu au même point qu'au début de l'intersaison ? Et aurait donc perdu au moins 6 mois sur le développement de la moto ?
  Envoyer un message via MSN à FuryShoei  
Réponse avec citation
Vieux
  (#8)
saarinen
Permis acquis

Déconnecté
Par défaut 03/05/2006, 06h47

Le problème du chattering est apparu dés le mois de janvier chez Yamaha. Dés la fin janvier, ce problème est devenu la seule préoccupation de l'équipe, ce qui lui a fait perdre trois mois de développement.
Salut!

Réponse avec citation
Vieux
  (#9)
Anonymous
Invité

Par défaut 03/05/2006, 08h45

super quoi...pff quel sux yamaha

Réponse avec citation
Réponse

Précédent   Forum GPmoto > Grand-Prix Moto > Discussions autour des GP

Règles de messages